Once upon a time, P F <p...@patfruth.com> said:
> I want to run a VM, which will itself be the KVM host of a number of KVM
> guests.
> Each of the guests running in that nested environment will have a vNIC with
> an IP address on the same subnet as the top-level hypervisor (the ovirt node).
> In VMware vSphere environments I was able to do this by enabling promiscuous
> mode and forged transmits on the VMware distributed switch port group, as
> described in this medium article;
> https://williamlam.com/2013/11/why-is-promiscuous-mode-forged.html
>
> I've search a number of old threads here on the ovirt list archives.  Many
> refer to vdsm hooks that don't appear to exist any longer in ovirt 4.5.1.
>
> How can I accomplish the same thing in ovirt?

Make a new vNIC profile that allows it.  The default profiles use the
"vdsm-no-mac-spoofing" filter, which includes the standard
"no-mac-spoofing" and "no-arp-mac-spoofing" profiles.  You can probably
just make a profile with no network filter applied.

Then once the profile is created, apply it to the VM NIC(s) in question.
--
Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>