Yes, I used cockpit to deploy the hosted-engine as I wasn't aware it's been
deprecated.  If you believe this issue is specific to the cockpit deployment
method only, is there a need to open a bug since it should/will be removed from
cockpit in the future, correct?  Just need to update the documentation to point
that out?

To be honest, 4.5 has been a headache for me. I have been on 4.4 for over a
year and never had so many issues. This all started from the upgrade of 4.4. to
4.5, which caused the engine failed to start, and later found out was related
to the postgresql version incompatibility issue.  But it was already too late
as I decided to do a fresh install and thought it would be much cleaner and
faster.    In any way I have it back and it's on 4.5 but it will make me think
twice next time before going for an update.

Thanks for the help.