Hi,

I believe that when you replicate the LUN using Array Storage, *you also
replicate the uuid of the lvm* (volume group) that oVirt/Linux uses.
I believe this is the cause of not being able to import the new LUN as
Domain Storage.
You can view the logs on the host you chose to import the LUN (rescan
process). The file is located in */var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log*.

*My suggestion:*
1 - Create a new LUN
2 - Create a Domain Storage
3 - Replicate the data (disks) using some script or backup software such as
Vinchin

Cheers!

Em qua., 27 de dez. de 2023 às 06:27, <2707...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi All,
>
> We wish to create some kind of DR plan for our OVM 4.4.10.7-1.0.22.el8
> environment.
>
> Idea is to do storage replication of defined Storage Domains.
>
> steps:
>
> create LUN on storage
> present LUN to OVM
> create Storage Domain
> put VMs on Storage Domain
> on storage
>
> replicate LUN to another storage [or the same storage]
> Storage Domains contains OVF_STORE
>
> Now, recovery
>
> On live OVM
>
> present replica of LUN
> import Storage Domain
> But we cannot import replica LUN. Where to look for errors? Is this action
> possible it all?
>
> Facts
>
> OVM is the same version
> Storage is the same vendor
> LUN is browsable on SAN level and have differen WWIN, if we wish to add
> replicated LUN like new Storage Domain. Adding new Storage Domain mean that
> LUN will be formatted ...
> What I do wrong?

Att,
Jorge Visentini