In theory, if oVirt supports it, the Oracle variant would do it to... unless
they manage to break it.

And since there is zero information on what they test, that could happen at any
time.

Same for HCI with GlusterFS or VDO. HCI has been removed as "a tested feature",
but if you use the Cockpit GUI, it will just continue to work quite happily. I
haven't actually tried it in combination with VDO, though.

I've used oVirt deployed Gluster storage in Proxmox w/o any issue and I'm
tempted to do the opposite, too (use Proxmox provided Ceph storage in oVirt).

oVirt is all abstractions, so it *should* work. But until somebody actually
tests, validates and fixes it (if necessary), it's simply a house of cards that
can break with every change.

Ich würde meine Hoffnungen nicht allzu hoch schrauben, momentan sehe ich das
Projekt quasi dank seines Trägheitsmoments weiter laufen, aber ohne daß jemand
das so richtig treibt oder gar Budget bereithält... was ausgesprochen schade
ist, denn da steck eine riesige Menge Arbeit und weit mehr Potential (für die
Anwender, weniger für die Hersteller) drinn.