Hi,

I'm running ovirt Version 4.5.3.2-1.el8 with 1 + 3 nodes setup.
Currently i'm encountering this issue of ovirt-engine portal certificate which
has already expired.
"PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException:
validity check failed "

I'm aware of the solution by running "engine-setup --offline" to renew the
cert. (https://yaohuablog.com/zh/ovirt-engine-upgrade-web-certificate)

However my host machine has this problem with the psql command issue whenever i
run the engine-backup.

[root@server1~]# engine-backup --mode=backup
Start of engine-backup with mode 'backup'
scope: all
archive file:
/var/lib/ovirt-engine-backup/ovirt-engine-backup-20240103163047.backup
log file: /var/log/ovirt-engine-backup/ovirt-engine-backup-20240103163047.log
psql: /lib64/libpq.so.5: no version information available (required by psql)
psql: /lib64/libpq.so.5: no version information available (required by psql)
psql: /lib64/libpq.so.5: no version information available (required by psql)
Backing up:
psql: /lib64/libpq.so.5: no version information available (required by psql)
psql: /lib64/libpq.so.5: no version information available (required by psql)
psql: /lib64/libpq.so.5: no version information available (required by psql)
Notifying engine
- Files
- Engine database 'engine'
Notifying engine
FATAL: Database engine backup failed

[root@server1~]# dnf module list postgresql
Last metadata expiration check: 1:55:29 ago on Wed 03 Jan 2024 02:38:30 PM +08.
CentOS Stream 8 - AppStream
Name                                    Stream
Profiles                                       Summary

postgresql                              9.6
client, server [d]                             PostgreSQL server and client
module
postgresql                              10 [d]
client, server [d]                             PostgreSQL server and client
module
postgresql                              12 [e]
client, server [d]                             PostgreSQL server and client
module
postgresql                              13
client, server [d]                             PostgreSQL server and client
module
postgresql                              15
client, server                                 PostgreSQL server and client
module
postgresql                              16
client, server [d]                             PostgreSQL server and client
module

Question :

1. Should i fix the psql error first ? If i just want to renew my certificate ,
will the psql error cause me to fail to renew the cert in the "engine-setup
--offline" command ?
2. What if after the "engine-setup --offline" failed to renew will my running
VM be affected and down ? will there be any recovery method later ? will the
reinstallation work on stand-alone machine ?