Hi.

I also use Zabbix here. Its problem is that it collects metrics in real
time, this is not its function.
There are other alternatives like Elasticsearch + metricbeat, but from what
I've tested, it's very heavy and uses a lot of disk space lol.

I never used Prometheus, I found it interesting. I'll do some tests.

@Patrick Dubois <p...@pdubois.com> How often do you collect information with
Zabbix? Every 1 minute?
Because for example... for the information to be used correctly for
analysis, we have to have an IO load of at least 1 continuous minute so
that Zabbix can collect the correct information.

Cheers!

Em ter., 13 de fev. de 2024 às 13:44, Patrick Dubois via Users <
users@ovirt.org> escreveu:

> For detailed monitoring I use Zabbix.  This way I get detailed metrics
> on my hypervisors, VMs as well as my network storage.
>
> If a machine starts generating large IO I get alerts highlighting the
> responsible machine as well as the impacted services.  For example,  you
> might get high IO on a VM but also the correlated high latency on
> systems sharing the storage.
>
> Sometimes users will report the the high latency, masking the real
> problem so it's nice to have a holistic view of the entire environment.
>
> Patrick.Dubois
>
> On 2024-02-13 11:19, marek wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i have prometheus based ovirt hosts monitoring (node_exporter,
> > smartcl_exporter, ipmi_exporter)
> >
> > https://prometheus-community.github.io/ansible/branch/main/ and alerts
> > from https://samber.github.io/awesome-prometheus-alerts/
> >
> > after i started this monitoring  i found that one VM is overloading
> > local storage (so i must check IO limiting documentation as a homework
> > :) )
> >
> > but my question is
> >
> > how do you monitor IO traffic per VM? (IOPS, read/write traffic,..)
> >
> > some qemu/libvirt exporter? some custom text file + node_exporter?
> >
> > thanks for tips
> >
> > Marek
> >
> https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/6HVHFX464QJPJTVXUFCF7RAGAUFD33HE/

Att,