You must have A/AAAA & PTR records for the engine. Validate that those are
properly resolved (use nslookup/dig to validate).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

  On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 15:49, Marouane<malbai...@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi All,

I'm using a fresh 4.5.5 install, when I try to create the ovirt engine, I get
the below error :

The task includes an option with an undefined variable. The error was: list
object has no element 0. list object has no element 0\nThe error appears to be
in
'/usr/share/ansible/collections/ansible_collections/ovirt/ovirt/roles/hosted_engine_setup/tasks/fetch_host_ip.yml':
 line 32, column 7, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact
syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n when:
hostname_resolution_output.rc != 0\n - name: Parse host address resolution\n ^
here\n

I tried adding entries to my DNS or setting the local /etc/hosts as follows:
192.168.1.2 ovirt-engine-01 ovirt-engine-01.localdomain

in both cases I get the same error...Any ideas how to fix this?