We want to set the values of the fields a.1, a.2, a.3 which is used to
calculate the field "total" and save the modified document in a new file.

Ricky

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahy...@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:00 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to set the field that is used in another calculated field

Hi,

> Am 18.04.2017 um 18:40 schrieb Baker, Ricky <ricky.ba...@ttu.edu>:
>

> I am trying to understand how to use an existing editable pdf where fields
> "a.1", "a.2" and "a.3" are used to calculate "total.1". I am able to setValue
> but the name is not being set (a.1 is created as 1 etc) in the new pdf and
> the "total.1" is not being changed.  I have searched thru the examples but I
> have not found anything similar to what I am attempting.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. Is it that you'd like
to set the values of the fields a.1, a.2, a.3 and total and save the modified
document in a new file?

>    PDDocument finalDoc = new PDDocument()
>    String formTemplate = "c:/test_input.pdf";
>
>    List<PDField> fields = new ArrayList<PDField>();
>

>    PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(new File(formTemplate));
>    PDDocumentCatalog docCatalog = doc.getDocumentCatalog();
>
>    PDField field1 = acroForm.getField("a.1");

where is acroForm coming from? Hasn't been defined yet.

>    def x = field1.getPartialName()
>    field1.setValue('123.03')
>
>    PDField field2 = acroForm.getField("a.2");
>    field2.setValue('200.00')
>
>    PDField field3 = acroForm.getField("a.3");
>    field3.setValue('300.00')
>
>    PDField field4 = acroForm.getField("total.1");
>    field4.setValue('0')
>
>    fields.add(field1);
>    fields.add(field2);
>    fields.add(field3);
>    fields.add(field4);
>
>    PDAcroForm finalForm = new PDAcroForm(finalDoc);
>    finalDoc.getDocumentCatalog().setAcroForm(finalForm);
>    finalForm.setFields(fields);

are you trying to get the fields from yet another document and put them onto
your template?

…

BR
Maruan