Hi, Team,
We are looking to Compare and contrast PDFBox and Adobe PDF.

We are a marketing firm that has clients for which we send out mail that has to
be exact.

To improve a process of proofing these documents, we asked someone to write
some code, which uses java to extract pdf pages to another pdf file.

Adobe is seen as the industry standard, but the developer wants to use PDFBox.
I'm ok with it, but we have to convince our CEO, who is hyper-sensitive to
possible errors.

So, I'm looking for opinions that compare Adobe PDF to PDFBox.  Are they
identical?  Is one better than another?  From a few forums, PDFBox shouldn't be
used for brand new docs, but all of our docs will be existing.  I also saw a
forum where PDFBox created some funky characters. A while back, someone in our
group used Microsoft PDF which also created some funk.

We really want to use the new code because it will speed up our process, but if
one job goes haywire I may lose my job, or if the client leaves us, a good
chunk of us will be laid off.  I'm not sure if I can convince our CEO that
Adobe PDF and PDFBox are equal, at least.

Your thoughts?

At Your Service,

Rick Gallo
Pre-Print Manager