This is mostly because of decryption. In theory, some user could come up with an AES128 encrypted file and fail to decrypt it with PDFBox.

It is also because of curiosity. I was able to get AES256 working but not AES128 and I wonder why. However I have not worked on it since creating the issue. Maybe I'll find am idea after doing nothing on it for some time.

Tilman