I just ran CreatePDF.java from the example project with only one line changed ("id.setPart(2);") and then successfully validated it on
https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx
and with VeraPDF.

The XML is:

<?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?><x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
  <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";>
    <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"; rdf:about="">
      <dc:title>
        <rdf:Alt>
          <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">target/test-output/PDFA.pdf</rdf:li>
        </rdf:Alt>
      </dc:title>
    </rdf:Description>
    <rdf:Description xmlns:pdfaid="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/id/"; rdf:about="">
      <pdfaid:part>2</pdfaid:part>
      <pdfaid:conformance>B</pdfaid:conformance>
    </rdf:Description>
  </rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta><?xpacket end="w"?>

I see  one difference in the title line. See this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@pdfbox.apache.org/msg09256.html

Tilman