This is the default in Tika, where the default for maxMainMemoryBytes=500MB.

Slava, how are you calling this in Tika?  With a TikaInputStream via
tika-app or tika-server or something else?

MemoryUsageSetting memoryUsageSetting =
MemoryUsageSetting.setupMainMemoryOnly();
if (localConfig.getMaxMainMemoryBytes() >= 0) {
memoryUsageSetting =
MemoryUsageSetting.setupMixed(localConfig.getMaxMainMemoryBytes());
}
if (tstream != null && tstream.hasFile()) {
// File based -- send file directly to PDFBox
pdfDocument = PDDocument.load(tstream.getPath().toFile(), password,
memoryUsageSetting);
} else {
pdfDocument = PDDocument.load(new CloseShieldInputStream(stream), password,
memoryUsageSetting);
}