We are using PDFBox to render various PDF files in our product.
One customer is having issues due to PDFBox throwing a NullPointerException
when certain files are rendered. (No, I don't have copies of the files - yet)
Any ideas on what could cause this?

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.common.function.PDFunctionType3.eval(PDFunctionType3.java:123)
 ~[pdfbox.jar:?]
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.shading.PDShading.evalFunction(PDShading.java:410)
 ~[pdfbox.jar:?]
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.shading.PDShading.evalFunction(PDShading.java:393)
 ~[pdfbox.jar:?]
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.shading.AxialShadingContext.calcColorTable(AxialShadingContext.java:151)
 ~[pdfbox.jar:?]
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.shading.AxialShadingContext.<init>(AxialShadingContext.java:128)
 ~[pdfbox.jar:?]
    at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.shading.AxialShadingPaint.createContext(AxialShadingPaint.java:62)
 ~[pdfbox.jar:?]
    at sun.java2d.pipe.AlphaPaintPipe.startSequence(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer$Composite.startSequence(Unknown
Source) ~[?:?]
    at sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer.renderSpans(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at sun.java2d.pipe.SpanShapeRenderer.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at sun.java2d.pipe.ValidatePipe.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.apache.pdfbox.rendering.PageDrawer.shadingFill(PageDrawer.java:1234)
~[pdfbox.jar:?]

I believe the version we are using is the 3.0.0-alpha2.

Confidentiality notice: This message may contain confidential information. It
is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not that
person, you should not use this message. We request that you notify us by
replying to this message, and then delete all copies including any contained in
your reply. Thank you.