Hi Pulsar enthusiast,

As we already noticed, the Pulsar community is growing rapidly, more and more
contributions coming from different parties. Meanwhile, plenty of blogs,
events, news about Pulsar are emerging every day, and they spread over GitHub,
Mailing list, Twitter, Medium, and other channels.

I have been thinking of what is the best way to improve the productivity,
performance, and engagement of the Pulsar community. The idea of publishing a
community weekly update came to my mind after observing how Flink develops its
community.

The Flink community contributors have been collecting news and activities of
Flink every week and publish them as a community weekly update
(http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/ANNOUNCE-Weekly-Community-Update-2019-41-tt33954.html#none).

I'm wondering it might be beneficial if the Pulsar community to do so. By
retrospecting Pulsar's highlights and challenges, we could know what matters
most, where needs support, what to improve, and be able to make quick changes
and better understand long-term trends.

We are delighted to volunteer to run a similar process to publish a community
weekly update and see if that is useful for the community. If it turns out to
be positive, we can involve more contributors to continue this process.

Thoughts?

Anonymitaet