If I understand correctly, you don't really need the whole notion of
acknowledgement (subscription).
When the web client connects, it needs to receive the last N messages (What
happens from there after?)

How about using a non-durable subscription - they only live as long as the
broker is not restarted and the topic has not moved between them (load
balancer).
If the subscription vanishes, you just recreate your whole buffer from
scratch?

Also take a look at Reader interface:
https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/2.11.x/concepts-clients/#reader-interface