Hi Marc,

> I'm trying to make qpid work using Microsoft Visual Studio
> 9.0. I've managed
> to start the broker after several hours. At the moment it's
> running and listening to port 5672.

Ok, good.

> Once I've achieved this, I've been trying to run any of the
> examples that
> come with qpid, but so far didn't manage to do it. It looks
> like everything
> has been thought to be built on a Linux system. I'm not being
> able to run
> neither the examples under the /Examples directory nor the tests
under
> /src/tests directory.

Right...

> Can anybody help me out with this? Perhaps I'm not using Visual
Studio
> properly. Is anyone running the examples with this framework?

I have local changes to get some of these working but didn't get them
into M4.

> By the way, I'm using the version of qpid that can be found here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/M4/qpid-cpp-M4.tar.gz

Yes, that's the best.

I need to get the tests and examples things I have checked back into
the repository. Sorry for the inconvenience.

> Thanks in advance for your help.

You're welcome.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Check out my networked programming blog at