> I'm very optimistic about QPID C++ broker. I already did some
> bench)marks
> and comparing to other queuer (like ActiveMQ or also QPID
> Java broker), the results are very good.

Great!

> I would be so very happy to use it in my project. But I've
> some blocking
> points. The first one is the portability on some platform
> such as AIX, HPUX
> & HPUX-IA. I know that there is some tasks planned to make
> work QPID C++
> broker on sun platforms and I would like to know if there is
> other tasks
> planned to make it work on AIX, HPUX, HPUXIA.

Not that I am aware of, but someone else here may know more.

> Another question I have is
> your estimation of the workload of this kind of task and what
> could be the difficulties ???

The effort to port to HP-UX and AIX is going to center mostly on
Qpid's I/O layer and event handling. Linux, Windows, Solaris ports all
use their own OS facilities that are most favorable to performance on
that platform; AIX and HP-UX needs a similar bunch of code to be
developed. It's possible they can use the same one (maybe
select()-based) to get going quickest, though that may not yield the
best performance.

There will also be some work for threading and synchronization but I
expect this can pretty much reuse the same code as Linux - it's plain
pthreads.

Figure a couple of months of work to get this going.

I have these types of machines available if you decide to pursue this
effort and want help porting it.

-Steve