Hi Steve,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Steve Huston<shus...@riverace.com> wrote:

> Try casting the return of write() to void. The compiler doesn't like
> that it's being ignored.
>
> Please reply and let us know how that works.

Casting the return to void did not help, but introducing a local
size_t foo variable, into which the return values are saved, did.
Compiling the does go on, but ends a bit later with
qpid/sys/posix/LockFile.cpp: In destructor 'qpid::sys::LockFile::~LockFile()':
qpid/sys/posix/LockFile.cpp:59: error: ignoring return value of 'int
lockf(int, int, __off_t)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
which could be resolved in the same way.

At
qpid/agent/ManagementAgentImpl.cpp: In member function 'void
qpid::management::ManagementAgentImpl::handleMethodRequest(qpid::framing::Buffer&,
uint32_t, std::string)':
qpid/agent/ManagementAgentImpl.cpp:539: error: ignoring return value
of 'ssize_t write(int, const void*, size_t)', declared with attribute
warn_unused_result
this happens as well, fixable as above.

These seem to be all instances of this, after fixing the one above,
make succeeded and I was able to start the qpidd.

Best,
Marcus