Rich Stephens wrote:
Alright, so I'm now using the C++ qpid broker with the C++ client libs.  I'm
using the code almost exactly as it is in the example on the main tab of the
api doc.

However, I still get the same error when I try to use the
connection.open(URL) form of the method:

Cannot resolve <whatever variation of the URL I try to use> : Name or
service not known (qpid/sys/posix/Socket.cpp: 157).

The url you had in your first mail was using the java brokers syntax. The qpid::Url class in the c++ client uses the url format defined for amqp 0-10 (e.g. amqp:tcp:localhost:5672)

I can, however, connect using the connection.open(host,port) method.

That said, everything appears to go OK up until this point:

session.MessageTransfer(arg::content=message,
arg::destination="amq.direct"):

The program blows up with a SIGABRT with the following error:

/usr/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:315: T* boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->()
const [with T = qpid::client::SessionImpl]: Assertion 'px != 0' failed.

Any ideas?

Looks like the session pointer is not valid. Did you assign to the session variable the result of connection.newSession()?