On 09/09/2009 04:06 PM, Bill Whiting wrote:
Is there sample code or explanation in the documentation on how to
browse a queue.

No, but I have a Jira open for some doc improvements and have noted this as one of them (feel free to add more comments to that).

I have setup a local queue and subscribed to messages from a queue in
the broker. I set acquire mode to pre-acquire and the accept mode to none.

The messages are still removed from the broker's queue even though I
don't accept the message.

You want to set the acquire mode to 'not acquired'.