Hey all - we have run up against the max open files aspect of using the message store plugin, and would rather not require our users edit limits.conf to be able to run our software (and the fact that we'd just be racing against the scaling up of the number of declared queues is scary), so we were considering potential alternative solutions.

The first question that came up was regarding the message store plugin's use of journal files - why is such a large number (8) the default? Why are the queues created per-queue, as opposed to a coarser-grained implementation, etc?

Google and mailing list searches didn't reveal a ton of rationale / design discussions, so we figured we'd ask directly...

Finally, if this isn't the mailing list to ask this on (is there a Red Hat one for the message store?), could y'all direct me there?

Thanks a ton!
-Rob