I notice that the default connection count for qpid is 300 connections. That
seems very low for the use case I'm interested in.

Is it reasonable to expect that each broker can serve 10,000 to 20,000
connections, if each connection just sees a few messages a second, totaling
perhaps a kilobyte each of payload per second?

Does this expectation hold up if I use queue forward clustering (all
exchanges are fan-out) across a hundred brokers, each with 10,000 to 20,000
users?

Sincerely,

jw

--
Americans might object: there is no way we would sacrifice our living
standards for the benefit of people in the rest of the world. Nevertheless,