Hi Andrew,

> Is anyone familiar with proper Eclipse set up for Qpid
> development?  I have been using Visual Studio (which was
> simple since I copied the configuration in the qpid
> examples), but now must change to development in Eclipse.

I've never tried Eclipse with Qpid. Why do you have to change?

> When I try to build in Eclipse, I get errors regarding
> definitions being marked as dllimport :
>
> Description Resource Path Location Type
> function `void
> qpid::framing::ProtocolVersion::setMajor(uint8_t)' definition
> is marked dllimport. line 43, external location:
> C:\qpid-0.5\cpp\src\qpid\framing\ProtocolVersion.h C/C++ Problem

It sounds like it may be a macro problem with the import/export
requirements not being detected properly. Check in
src/qpid/CommonImportExport.h (as a start) to see if the setup will
properly detect your environment.

> I am using MinGW5.1.6 to compile on WinXP.

You're probably the first person to try this... Are you trying to build
Qpid or your own Qpid-using code? If Qpid, you may want to get the 0.6
RC and try getting Cmake to generate the build setup you need. If it's a
matter of adjusting macros, please open a jira and include any details
there.

Thanks,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications