On 31 Mar 2010, at 14:30, Andrew Wright wrote:

On 31 Mar 2010, at 14:02, Alan Conway wrote:

On 03/30/2010 05:38 PM, Andrew Wright wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently run some tests to try and see how much overhead clustering brings. In short - I saw roughly a 50% reduction in message throughput
when clients ran against a 2 node cluster vs a standalone broker.

I get about a 25% reduction running against a 4 node cluster.
Try --worker-threads=4.
<snip>

Just a quick follow-up - setting worker-threads=4 noticeably improved throughput on a single queue in both the standalone and clustered scenarios. It reduced total throughput somewhat when loading 8 queues simultaneously (which you'd expect). The ratio of standalone:clustered throughput remained at about 2:1. Will let know if we get any further interesting results.

Cheers,
Andrew