On 05/03/2010 05:21 PM, Steve Olson wrote:
Thanks everyone for the replies. It looks like the map interface could do the job nicely. Is there some advantage to going another route?

Note that it will not be known at compile time what the data row is going to look like; it will be obtained from the database during program execution. Ideally, I would like to send multiple rows in a single message.

I would use maps. They also work across languages and platforms, which can be a very important advantage.

Jonathan