Hi Daniel,

This is not possible in 0.6.  All queues/exchanges are expected to be
created and configured with the desired properties in advance, e.g. by using
qpid-tool.

In 0.7, there will be very limited support for the new messaging API's
addressing model, so that you can create temporary queues and simple "point
and shoot queues" on the fly (qpid-2646).  The specific durable property you
are looking for is not there but could be added.  If you would like this
feature, please enter a JIRA so that we can track it.  If you are able to
contribute the necessary patches, that would be terrific.

Cliff