I put a Jira issue up for documentation on messaging::Message as suggested.

A little background: I am writing a Qpid communication for a system to receive
a variety of data and data types and am trying to get an idea of how I can
determine data type information from a Message class object so de-marshaling of
the data into objects or strings can be handled.

Here are questions I posted in the Jira issue on Message:

1.      Can you tell by calling getContentType whether to call getContent or
getContentPtr or getProperties, or does that
require the sender to set the content type?  Is there a convention or is there
a helping class like possibly Variant?

2.       If using the xml mentioned in the AMQP Messaging (Part 2), does
Variant.getString() return that xml?

3.      By setting TTL, Durable, Redelivered, what behavior does the system
exhibit?

4.       Does the broker modify any of the settings or are they only for use by
the broker? MessageId?

5.      Are there any conventions that should be followed for string data in
this class that are used in other AMQP systems or language versions of Apid?

Thanks,

Dave

David Hickerson
david.a.hicker...@boeing.com<mailto:david.a.hicker...@boeing.com>