Hi Ravin,

> We are using Topic exchange to send/receive messages in QPid
> and have run into some questions on how the wild card works.
>
> 1.  Can a sender send to wild card topics?  As an example,
> we want the sender to send to usa.*

No - wild cards are for subscribing to the topics, not sending.

> 2.  Can a receiver subject listen on wild card topics such as
> usa.n*?   We
> can get the receiver to listen to usa.* but not usa.n*
> (Match all topics that have usa.n).

No - the wild cards work on dot-delimited tokens. Please see the
programming guide for more info:
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.10/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02s0
4.html#id2735610

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications