Hi Anthony,

> Does the C++ client do any compression on the connection to
> the server by default, and if so, how do I turn it off?

No, it doesn't.

> I'm trying to make the Python interface to the swig wrappers
> more like the
> pure Python implementation, and I've gotten pretty far, I'm
> just having a
> problem with the sender.  But while digging into the
> wireshark traces,
> even the Python and C++ receivers have very different
> communications with
> the server.  In wireshark traces of the Python clients, I can
> see queue
> names and message contents, but the C++ is nothing but some
> connection
> stuff, then a bunch packets wireshark can't dissect beyond an
> "Unknown
> command/control class".

Odd... I did the AMQP 0-10 wireshark code and haven't seen that kind of
problem.

> I'm guessing the last is because of a change in the protocol
> that broke
> the dissectors in wireshark 1.6.0rc1, but I can't find the
> queue names or message contents in the raw bytes either.

If you can send me a pcap file I'll look at it here and see if I can see
anything else. It's been a while since I worked on that code and it's
conceivable something broke in the interim.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications