Hi Hamid,

What happens if you try to connect using Internet Explorer on your
Windows machine?  Using the following in the address bar:

  https://amqserver.rest.com:10170

where "amqpserver.rest.com" is the name of the server as it appears in
the certificate.

Usually if I have a certificate related problem, I try to make IE
happy first.  Even though you don't get an interesting web page
(obviously), if you get anything at all, without an intervening error
mesage about the certificate, you are past initial hurdles.  You need
this to work first.

However, I note several things.  If I have a certificate problem my
error message resembles:

  2012-01-30 18:47:36 notice SSL negotiation failed to
test1.foo.bar:6789: The certificate chain was issued by an authority
that is not trusted.

In particular "test1.foo.bar" is not an ip address as in your case.
The fact that you see an ip address is suspicious (hence Gordon's
initial query).

Also a web search of your particular error message "The target
principal name is incorrect" seems associated with kerberos
authentication or other complex domain setups that are probably beyond
anything Qpid developers have tried yet.  Are you able to bypass DNS
altogether and put the server's name in your host file?

If none of the above helps you out, are you able to post the server's
certificate?

Cliff