Hi Paul,
both errors occur under very similar circumstances. I recommend enabling debug
logs of cluster component by adding:

log-enable=debug+:cluster
log-enable=notice+

to qpidd.conf and post the logs to a new JIRA. (you can try enabling trace logs
that might provide more verbose output but running traces for 1/2 hour would
require some nontrivial disk space)

To alleviate consequences, I think disabling management shall help (but some
other problems can arise later on somewhere else, as this just prevents the
consequence and not the root cause bug). And some QMF based services (like
qpid-tool) won't work with management disabled.

To disable management stuff, add to qpidd.conf:

mgmt-enable=no

Alternatively, one can setup frequency of management updates (that are
processed by the periodicProcessing task), see mgmt-pub-interval option (set by
default to 10 seconds). Setting it to e.g. 2 hours, your qpid cluster will run
for at least 2 hours without the error. But again, some QMF based services rely
on the updates.

Kind regards,
Pavel Moravec