On 10/30/2012 08:39 AM, Jan Bares wrote:
Its not clear to me how the different client and broker versions are
compatible. It seems to me that compatibility is based on AMQP
version, so if the broker is 0-10, any client compatible with 0-10
can be used. E.g. we can use C++ QPID broker version 0.14 and
C++/.NET client version 0.18 without problems.

Yes, that is right. Occasionally there may be bugs in some versions of a particular client or broker, but generally there is no problem as long as they speak the same version of AMQP.

(Management clients/tools are a special case however as even if they use AMQP they will be layering some other formats/protocols on top of that and changes to those are also relevant).