On 11/07/2012 12:11 PM, Jan Bares wrote:
we are planning to reject messages that do not satisfy message contract (e.g.
message is of wrong format). The reject and DLQ seems to be the right solution
for this problem.

At present the only thing I can suggest is that you have the client itself send the 'rejected' message to the DLQ (or exchange or whatever). You can do this before acknowledging it to avoid losing it on failure if that is important.

Longer term perhaps the JMS client could recognise a certain category of exception thrown by a MessageListener and interpret that as a desire to reject the message in question. Any thoughts on that from the JMS devs?