Hi Rob,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>wrote:

> At first read that all sounds sensible - looking forward to seeing the
> patch.

Great ... as I mentioned in my answer to Alex, we have just a rough
prototype right now ... we will need a bit more time to add all the parts
around.

> Could we perhaps just add an option to the authentication provider to
> specify whether to use the CN or the DN as the username? This will
> leave the choice to the operator of an individual broker instance so
> they can choose to be compatible with the java Broker way of doing
> things or the C++ broker way?

Yes, that might be an option as well. I remember there were situations when
I hated that the CN / DN is being used directly as a username and I have no
way to do some custom mapping - that is why I considered some kind of
configurable translation/mapping table. Having just a switch saying whether
to use DN or CN is of course a bit simpler and easier :-). Anyway, we will
first finish the patch for the peer certificates it self before looking
into this.

Thanks & Regards
JAkub