Hi Jeremy,

You need to add into a virtual host configuration an exchange
configuration like in the example below:

<virtualhost>
    <name>test</name>
    <test>
        <exchanges>
            <exchange>
                <type>fanout</type>
                <name>test.fanout</name>
            </exchange>
        </exchanges>
        <queues>
            <queue>
                <name>my-queue</name>
                <my-queue>
                    <exchange>test.fanout</exchange>
                </my-queue>
            </queue>
        </queues>
    </test>
</virtualhost>

In the xml snippet above I declared a fanout exchange with name
"test.fanout" on test virtual host. Also, I declared a queue with name
"my-queue" and bound that queue to the test.fanout exchange.

Kind Regards,
Alex