The BDBHAMessageStore MBean will show up for a particular virtualhost if it
is using the BDBHAMessageStore, which suggests that you aren't actually
doing so.

I notice that you linked to the 0.22 docs below, but you mention in the
title you are using a 0.20 broker. There was a typo in the example within
the 0.20 docs showing how to configure the store in the xml, which might be
what you have run into if you originally looked at the older docs, where
the virtualhost name element contains "myhost" whereas the configuration
tag beneath it is 'myvhost', when it should equal whatever the name is. If
your config looks right, send it out and we can take a look.

BDB also has its own stats MBean that may be of use, you can turn it on by
setting the JEMonitor system property to true. You can pass system
properties through the QPID_OPTS environment variable, e.g: export
QPID_OPTS="-DJEMonitor=true"

Robbie