On 08/28/2013 09:53 PM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
I wanted to know what my options are when I need to clear up queues.
My first preference would be to clear them up programatically. I tried
setting a queue to auto-delete however that does not seem to work.I have a
sender and a receiver. The receiver creates a queue and sets the auto
delete parameter. However even after the receiver disconnects there still
is content in the queue.

Can you give more detail on the exact steps you took here? The auto-delete setting should certainly work. Note that if the queue is also exclusive then it will be auto-deleted when the session that created it ends (not just on cancelling the receiver. Note also that trying to set the auto-delete property on a queue already created won't work.

If you can provide some steps to reproduce the non-functioning of auto-delete, I can investigate some more.