Hello list,

I just noticed that the Qpid daemon gives me increasing numbers of
messages being sent when using `qpid-stat -g`:

   Statistic                   Messages  Bytes
  queue-depth                 0         0
  total-enqueues              808       909,353
  total-dequeues              808       909,353
  persistent-enqueues         0         0
  persistent-dequeues         0         0
  transactional-enqueues      0         0
  transactional-dequeues      0         0
  flow-to-disk-depth          0         0
  flow-to-disk-enqueues       0         0
  flow-to-disk-dequeues       0         0
  acquires                    808
  releases                    0
  discards-no-route           87,524
  discards-ttl-expired        0
  discards-limit-overflow     0
  discards-ring-overflow      0
  discards-lvq-replace        0
  discards-subscriber-reject  0
  discards-purged             0
  reroutes                    0
  abandoned                   2
  abandoned-via-alt           0

Every few seconds, the count (currently 808) goes up. At the same
time, the count of messages sent by my application to amq-topic
exchange stays the same (observable with `qpid-stat -e`):

  exchange            type     dur  bind  msgIn  msgOut  msgDrop
byteIn  byteOut  byteDrop

                      direct           6     2      2       0        0
      0        0
  amq.direct          direct   Y       0     0      0       0        0
      0        0
  amq.fanout          fanout   Y       0     0      0       0        0
      0        0
  amq.match           headers  Y       0     0      0       0        0
      0        0
  amq.topic           topic    Y       2   479    681       1        0
      0        0
  qmf.default.direct  direct           0     0      0       0        0
      0        0
  qmf.default.topic   topic            1  44.3k   153    44.1k       0
      0        0
  qpid.management     topic            0  44.1k     0    44.1k       0
      0        0

Just to be sure, can this be caused by the
"{reconnect:true,heartbeat:5}" options I used? So maybe it is the
heartbeat messages I am seeing here? Or am I doing something wrong? I
am a bit concerned by the high count of "discards-no-route".

TIA,
Christian