On 09/27/2013 12:52 PM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
Assuming there are no plans to abandon AMQP 0.10, I would say that in my
opinion the option c) is worth the effort both on Qpid side as well as for
the users side. The option d) seems to be unnecessary. At least with our
use cases we never plan the queue sizes exactly to the last byte and I
assume the difference between the 0.10 and 1.0 will be rather small.

Thanks for the response, Jakub!

From some quick experiments, the difference is around 40 bytes. Though this can vary a little depending on the exact message 9 e.g. which properties are set ttl, priority etc, it doesn't vary much with content size or with the number of headers.

(In one test I compared messages with 1, 5 and 10 equal sized headers and either 10 or 100 bytes content in both protocols and the range of differences was 40-43 bytes).