Thanks!  I'm absolutely fine w/ using the messaging APIs, and thanks for
the example, its clear enough.  Is there any data available from the
console APIs (I used them a long time ago - 0.8? - weren't very stable)
that I can't get using the message APIs?  And where can I look for the best
documentation that does exist?