On 21 February 2014 01:38, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 February 2014 01:15, Mark Barker <mark.bar...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the help, Rob.
>> Here's some more feedback from today's experiments.
>>
>> I tried the setDeliveryMode on my 'basic' producer client (AMQP 1.0
>> client interacting only with ActiveMQ 5.9.0 broker's AMQP transport
>> connector).
>> In so doing, I could use the Qpid 0.27 AMQP 1.0 API to send() without
>> hanging. A basic consumer client retrieved the message without issue.
>>

> Hmmm - it was OK with 0.26 but not 0.27 (trunk)... I'll have to look into
> that then

On a second look, it does appear that the synchronous publishing fix (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5455) wasn't actually in 0.26...
so my guess would be that ActiveMQ is not sending back the required
synchronous response - although they did say they had tested it...  I'll
have a go at testing with ActiveMQ tmr to confirm.  If all else fails I can
always add in an option to revert to the original (incorrect) behaviour of
publishing asynchronously

-- Rob