On 06/19/2014 10:03 PM, smartdog wrote:
I am not sending big messages, just a couple of words. Indeed, I use AMQP
1.0. Then it seems the static 1000ms latency comes from qpid timeout for
waiting more messages to write to the store. Can I adjust the timeout value
in qpid source code? I would be happy if we could reduce it to 100ms for
durable messages.

The timeout is 500ms by default (at least on trunk at present and I doubt its changed very recently). To edit it change the value for MessageStoreImpl::defJournalFlushTimeout in cpp/src/qpid/legacystore/MessageStoreImpl.cpp

(There is a timer task per journal, though at present configured to use the same periodicity. So it would be possible without too much work to make it configurable on a per queue basis if anyone had the inclination).