Hi All,

currently I am trying to connect to a third party AMQP broker using a c++ client with qpid 0.28.

The broker is configured to use ssl. The client uses a self signed certificate. This certificate is available in the broker.

I created the self signed certificate and added it into my certificate db. I also added the third party broker certificate.

> mkdir clientCertDb
> certutil -N -d clientCertDb
> certutil -A -d clientCertDb -n "BrokerCert" -t "T,," -a -i clientCertDb/Broker.crt > certutil -A -d clientCertDb -n "ClientCert" -a -i clientCertDb/Client.crt -t ",,"

Then I set the environment for the client:
export QPID_SSL_CERT_DB=./clientCertDb
export QPID_SSL_CERT_NAME=ClientCert
export QPID_SSL_CERT_PASSWORD_FILE=./pwfile

The client fails to connect to the server. The client library log says:

Driver started
Starting connection to amqp:ssl:<ipaddr>:<port>
Connecting to ssl:<ipaddr>:<port>
ssl:<ipaddr>:<port> Connecting ...
Connecting: <ipaddr>:<port>
Exception constructed: Failed: NSS error [-8179] (qpid-0.28/qpid-0.28/cpp/src/qpid/sys/ssl/SslSocket.cpp:156) Failed to connect: Failed: NSS error [-8179] (qpid-0.28/qpid-0.28/cpp/src/qpid/sys/ssl/SslSocket.cpp:156)
Driver stopped

I do not get what is going wrong. As far as I understood I do not have to give the c++ client any hint where to find the broker certificate.
Is this right?

Unfortunately the error message in the client log is not helpful for me. I don't see any details what the problem is.

I tried to get more information using openssl s_client:

> openssl s_client -connect <ipaddr>:<port> -CAfile clientCertDb/Client.crt -debug -key Client.key -CApath clientCertDb/

It says:
Verify return code: 20 (unable to get local issuer certificate)

Does anyone of you know how to configure this or how I can get more information?

Regards,
Andreas

---
Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus Schutz
ist aktiv.