Kind regards,
Pavel

----- Original Message -----

Note you can already delete anything from provisioning via QMF (until prevented
by authentication and ACLs). This in my eyes is bigger security concern than
possibility to shut down a broker. As deleting a durable queue, one loses all
(durable) messages in.

Also, what is the difference between connecting to AMQP listening port,
providing proper (stolen?) credentials and shutting the broker via QMF, and
doing the same via ssh "killall qpidd"? (until you disable ssh from outside
network where AMQP is allowed)

So I would be in favour of adding the shutdown QMF command and relevant ACL
action.