Sorry to chime in late on this - I saw the discussions going by in December but
paid no attention as I was mostly not working then.

Ok, but a month is a long time and if components aren't released "together"
then both in the same month may not mean much.

> I.e. you really only get benefit out if this if it is used fairly broadly
> across
> components that are released at different times.
>
> While I see some advantage from this scheme, there are different
> advantages for other schemes so I have no desire to impose this it.
> However if there isn't sufficient agreement to use it more widely than just
> the qpid-cpp and related bits, I'm not sure it has much advantage (and it is
> definitely a bit unusual).

It is unusual. Not necessarily bad, but it will require more explanation and
attention because of the confusion it would cause.

Also, what do we mark JIRA entries with for "fix version"? If we don't know the
time a next release will come, it's hard to mark the next release, and our
current odd-even won't work any longer either. It's important to be able to
tell when a bug was fixed.

-Steve