I use this field in my 'topologist' gadget that reads topology
information from a network of qdrouters.

I only have a connection to router A, but I am able to make topo
requests of the other routers (after I learn their names) by setting
the x-amqp-to field to a value like  "amqp:/_topo/0/QDR.B" .

This causes my local router to forward the request to router B
(to which I have no connection), B consumes the request,
and I get the answer back.