On 14 August 2015 at 17:17, Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz> wrote:
> Hi Robbie,
>
> Thanks. You are right, double quotes help to solve this. I was quite close
> when I tried single quotes, but they don't help. And trying double quotes
> didn't come to my mind.
>
> The compatibility issue across different brokers is for sure unfortunate.
> Although it at least has a workaround. I wonder how the other brokers plan
> to deal with the non-JMS clients. It would sound a bit strange if you tell
> someone to use a filter "JMSCorrelationID = 123" in a C++ AMQP client.

The underlying filter being used was actually described as avoiding
exactly that (albeit with some issues). Unfortunately most current
uses of the filter in implementations expect/transfer the pure JMS
selector string, currently including the new client so it would work
with those others.

> The "C++ broker" toggle is an interesting idea - it would probably make the
> switch to other brokers easier. On the other hand, it sounds like a bad
> marketing - it would be hard to convince people about the benefits of AMQP
> if you then tell them that they have to use this and that switch for
> compatibility between different AMQP components :-o.

Yes, that was only a thought of one way to make things 'work' with the
C++ broker in the interim, not something I would be suggesting would
be common place or a long term solution. For that a new filter
resolving the issues of the old one and actually being used properly
would be the way to go.