On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 10:46 +0300, Michael Ivanov wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> A couple of months ago I discovered a case in proton that prevented
> using more than 32767 nodes in message data. One of our applications
> created large messages and wherever it exceeded this limit it just
> crashed. The data type used to keep number of nodes in proton is
> unsigned short and actually allows to have twice as much number of
> nodes (65535), but because of the way pni_data_grow function is
> implemented the upper half of the complete value range
> (32768...65535)
> can never be used.
>
> To allow our application to run I created a fix and currently use
> custom proton version. I also published the fix on mailing list and
> created a jira issue on it on mr. Alan Conway's advice, but I see
> that version 0.10 still uses the same approach.
>
> Is there any special reason to limit the data size to 32767 nodes?
> It is sad that I have to proceed to use patched version for our
> systems.

Sorry Michael, that is my fault. You posted the fix for this some time
ago and I didn't spot the JIRA till just recently so it didn't make the
0.10 release. It is on master now and will be in the next release, I
believe there will be a 0.10.1 shortly.

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/0ca6ba7e261d82ac490ef0ea41
1d7a6e37de4591