Alan -

Pretty much what I was thinking.  We should be able to create multiple
subscriptions per link/session/connection that allow you to specify either
a selector or filter such that you can receive notifications of
monitorable or actionable events such as link/connection failures,
connects/disconnects, address registration, message counts, etc.  Also
from an enterprise perspective, syslog works ok as we can use syslog-ng
piping to splunk or something.  But, it would be nice to be able to
³inject² a log implementation kinda like you do with Spring in the java
world to allow folks to use other logging facilities.

Jack