Thanks for the advice,

I am using messenger in passive mode integrating it into select-driven
event loop. Mayxbe reactor would be more appropriate, but I have checked
the proton api documentation and al reactor functions are regrettably
uncommented.

Where can I find c++ examples?

Best regards,

22.10.2015 21:36, aconway пишет:
> On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 18:20 +0300, Michael Ivanov wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> What kind of communication error recovery is available in proton
>> library (if at all)?
>> I am using proton messenger in passive mode and I noticed very
>> unpleasant behaviour:
>> wherever the connection to qpidd is broken (eg. when qpidd is
>> restarted), the client
>> progan does not seem to get any notification about that, it just
>> proceeds to run, but
>> does not get any messages from the queue anymore. Sasme behaviour is
>> observed when
>> proton messenger just listens for incoming messages directly:
>> wherever the receiver
>> program is restarted the sender is not notified and the messages are
>> just get lost.
>> Is there any way to get a notifications about connection state change
>> or should I use
>> a tracker for each message to test whether the message was delivered
>> successfully?
>> As far as I understand the trackers mechanism I can use them only to
>> poll for the
>> status of messages being sent? And if the messages are excluded from
>> pni_store between
>> polling then I might still loose the information about message
>> delivery result?
>>
>> Please help me to sort this out.
>>
>> Best regards,
>
> Much of the focus on proton has moved away from messenger towards an
> event-driven approach using the reactor. That approach gives you full
> visibility of pretty much all protocol events including
> connection/link/session close, disconnect etc. You might want to take a
> look. The programming style is quite different from messenger but gives
> you much greater control. There are good examples and a tutorial in
> python and C++, I haven't looked at the C documentation recently.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan.

 (OvO) |  Михаил Иванов                    |
 (^^^) |      Тел.:    +7(911) 223-1300    |
  \^/  |      E-mail:  iv...@isle.spb.ru   |